I keep the web design process simple, yet personal.
Because I handcraft each website, there is no “typical” web design project. However, there are some basic steps common to most projects. I’ll start with a free initial consultation in which we will discuss options for your best website.
What you can expect in a custom web design project
- I’ll start by getting to know you and assessing your needs. What is your organization? What do you do? What are your central values, your ideas, your mission? Who is your target market? What overall “look and feel” do you wish to project? What do you hope a website will do for you?
- Next, we’ll discuss how your website should work: what functionality it should have, what it should look like, how the content should be organized. My goals will be focused always on keeping the site easy for the public to use and remaining accessible to your target market.
- Based on your goals for your website and the needs it will serve, we’ll work together to develop the right plan for your website.
- We’ll discuss domain names and web hosting options and get you set up with the right choice for you.
- You supply the text, logo, graphics, and any other content for your website. If you need help with any of these things, I can recommend some reliable professionals to help you assemble what you need.
- Once I have the basic design completed, I’ll ask you to examine it. I will make changes to the look of the design based on your desires.
- Then, after the design is completed and approved, I’ll enter all the text, graphics, and content.
- I’ll test the site to make sure that it is usable, accessible, and standards-compliant in many different browsers and devices.
- I’ll ask you to examine the site again to make sure that it delights you. I’ll make the changes that you request.
- When the site is done, I’ll install it on your hosting server for you.
- I’ll share with you instructional materials on how to use the site and how to keep it fresh and updated.
- Then, the site is yours and open to the public!